[Whitepaper] Network Slice - A Key Enabler to Achieve an Agile Network in 5G
In 5G, network slicing is a new method for optimal utilization of RAN and core N/W resources. Each network slice represents a virtual network. It allows the multiple virtual networks on top of shared physical infrastructure. Network slice ensures that each user in a network gets the best QoS.
Cellular network users and equipment are increasing drastically. We use the internet at a very high speed and industries require to improve work efficiency by automating all heavy machinery and ULCC without any delay. Introduction of 5G in the cellular world claims that these requirements can be fulfilled by deploying a new access node and core in a cloud environment.
As per GSMA Intelligence, there will be 2.5 billion 5G users by 2025, which is 40 percent of the global population. So, network vendors and operators see this as an excellent opportunity to create an agile network which can provide different services to specific industries. The Network slice will be a key enabler to help achieve this in 5G.
This paper talks in detail about:
• Examples of communication services offered by CSPs to customers employing network slices
• Network slice distribution in E2E architecture
• How Network slices (dedicated/shared) used
• Network slice handling in NFV framework
• SON as a central unit in NFV Framework
• Network Slice Instance life cycle
• Network Slice Management by SON during overload, low QoS, dynamic topology changes, etc.
In 5G, the network slice is a key facilitator to provide eMBB, IOT, eMTC, and URLCC services to achieve the best QoS. Download this Whitepaper to know more.