For more than a decade, carriers and mobile operators have actively been exploring opportunities offered by the smart cities and wider IoT markets. This coincides with a double transformation regarding their role extending beyond providing connectivity services to capabilities and services higher up the value chain (applications, analytics, security, professional services, etc) while at the same time moving from connectivity-centric consumer/enterprise offers to complex solutions for verticals and industries. All of this is driven by declining connectivity margins, urging the telecom industry to adopt the “untelco” paradigm.
This webinar features a panel of industry experts poised to discuss a host of topics, including:
- The “build versus buy” debate
- Operators choosing to develop the technical knowledge, market savviness, and in-house flexibility, or
- Operators existing in a broader IoT and smart cities collaborative ecosystem in which no one company maintains end-to-end control or customer ownership
- The evolving needs in IoT technologies and verticals, and how carrier strategies can address those needs
- The future of carriers beyond their connectivity heritage and how they can take on the “untelco” role
- And more!