As C-V2X keeps gaining momentum and commercial readiness, 3GPP is working on how to take the technology to the next level to address next generation vehicle use cases. With its evolution to Release 16 5G NR, C-V2X will go from a technology that targets basic safety with its superior non-line of sight performance, to a technology that transforms next generation vehicles, autonomous driving and road infrastructure.
In this webinar, we will discuss:
- How Release 14 C-V2X, the initial phase of C-V2X, is gaining momentum with expected commercial readiness around 2019
- The role of C-V2X and 5G in enabling smarter transportation
- How 5G NR C-V2X builds upon the powerful features standardized in Rel-15 for 5G NR while benefiting from the learning and key features of Release 14/15 C-V2X.
- The new design paradigm that will be needed to make reliable communication possible for next generation vehicles.
- The advanced uses cases enabled by Rel-16 5G NR C-V2X, especially with added direct vehicle to vehicle communication capabilities
- The work needed at the application layer to realize the benefits of the technology even with limited technology deployment.