[Whitepaper] Open RAN Transitions for Established Providers: a 451 Research Paper
The wave of new Radio Access Network (RAN) technologies that leverage virtualized and cloud- based resources can transform wireless delivery and operations. One of the most important aspects is the shift to open models of development that let providers blend software and equipment to become more adaptable and agile in how they approach markets and engage with their customers. Open RAN initiatives seek to allow the independent development of hardware and software in the wireless world. They leverage the virtualization of functions that have historically been bound within physical appliances to create opportunities for innovation. Learn how companies like Red Hat, Altiostar, Intel and Cisco are helping customers today.
- RAN transitions offer critical benefits for operators
- Open approaches to RAN deployments offer flexibility
- Progress in virtualizing RAN functions is leading to greater efficiency and operational simplicity
- Open approaches enable innovation
- Real-time operating systems are needed to meet the performance requirements of today’s infrastructure