The global value of pharmaceutical counterfeiting is $200B annually. More staggering is the forecasted value of the grey market will reach almost $3 trillion by 2022. The economic impact is alarming, but it’s not the only threat. When fake or diverted products enter the market, patient safety is jeopardized, people lose confidence in the medicines they trust, and company revenues suffer. Regulations help, but the long and winding road of serialization has ended and most executives now realize that it doesn’t solve the escalating problems.
It's time to explore and promote supply chain technologies that truly provide value in creating safe, connected, and authentic pharmaceutical products.
Join Joe Lipari, Director of Cloud Products at Systech, and special guest Peter Bryant, COO of FarmaTrust, as they explore the path to the future -- from compliance beyond the barcode to the blockchain-enabled pharmaceutical supply chain.
What we will talk about in this webinar:
- Why today's solutions won't win tomorrow's battles when it comes to product and brand protection.
- Why look towards blockchain as an advanced technology to combat global brand protection issues? How is it different?
- How to best understand the global pharmaceutical supply chain trust network using blockchain characteristics.
- Why the things that are necessary for trust and honesty in the supply chain are delivered by blockchain.
- Get a glimpse into real tests and use cases that prove the value of including unique item-level e-Fingerprinting with secure blockchain records and protocols that connect the physical to the digital.